Everybody is interested in getting a sweet tooth once in a while. But, it has a great possibility to get you addicted to these yummy gummy sweets. This is why we introduced the 3-day sugar detox.
Maybe you have noticed that your sugar cravings start getting replaced by another one soon after one is satisfied. The sweet tooth moments are hard to satisfy when you start eating more and more sugar. Even the time lapse between cravings gets very short. So, this is the best time for you to break your addiction if you’re a person who runs your life by sugar.
Bad Effects of Sugar Consumption
Although this addiction is quite strange, it’s very true. Most of the neuro pathways in the brain get activated when you consume more sugar and those pathways are the ones that are lit up when you get drugs. This is the reason for you to feel energetic soon after eating sugar.
But, over consumption of sugar kills more people than illegal drugs. The main reason for this is the awful health conditions of the sweetener agents.
Skin: Changes in the skin due to high consumption of sugar can be seen obviously. People who eat too much sugar have grey or pasty skin, wrinkles or sagging skin.
Heart disease: Sugar gives the body a lot of calories. Thus, the overall risk of morbidity increases. A study published in the JAMA: Internal Medicine, the risk of the people who got 17-21% of calories from sugary food had a 38% higher risk of dying from cardiovascular disease than the ones who got 8% of their calories from added sugar.
Increase of the cholesterol levels and the contribution towards debilitating conditions such as non-alcoholic fatty liver are the main two causes for this.
Diabetes: High consumption of sugar also leads to a high risk to get insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. As per the group of researchers from the Imperial College of London, a single can of soda raises the risk of type 2 diabetes by 22%.
Brain function: It’s true that the power for our brains is supplied by glucose. But, too much glucose will lead to a number of diseases and syndromes such as learning disorders, depression plus impaired memory function. And also the threat to dementia too increases by just a mild elevation of blood sugar of 105-110.
Moreover, insulin resistance will also starve your brain of sugar and it would surely pave the path for the gradual development of Alzheimer.
Cancer: Glucose also feeds the cancerous cells. Sugar, which is a pre-inflammatory ingredient, encourages cancer proliferation.
3-Day Sugar Detox No Sweets Cleanse
Get free of sugar addiction by following this 3-day sugar detox cleanse. The results are amazing.
Eating food items in the list and avoiding sugar and processed food soon after the cleanse is a must. Replace all types of candies with fresh fruits or else with natural options like maple syrup and honey.
- Breakfast: 1 cup of oatmeal with blueberries, chia seeds and walnuts.
- Snack: 1 small bowl of mixed nuts.
- Lunch: Lean protein with carrots, turnips, steamed butternut squash, beets, beans, parsnips and almonds.
- Dinner: broiled fish with broccoli, mushrooms and a bowl of green beans.
- Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs plus spinach.
- Mid-morning snack: a small bowl of mixed nuts;
- Lunch: Thyme dressing OR a shredded green and red cabbage salad with shredded carrots and olive oil, red and yellow peppers with lemon, zucchini, vinegar with lemon, salt and parsley vinaigrette.
- Dinner: Baked cod plus roasted Brussels sprouts, turnips and bok choy. OR else you can have steamed cruciferous vegetables with vegetable casserole and bean soup.
- Breakfast: 3 eggs shrimp omelette with a sautéed kale, radish salad and walnuts.
- Mid-morning snack: 1 small bowl of mixed nuts.
- Lunch: Roasted chicken with thyme, black olive, onions OR roasted chicken thighs with sage, lemon and rosemary.
- Dinner: Forest mushrooms, onion, bay leaves and thyme, celery and carrots with garlic broth OR tomato, brown rice pasta with mushrooms and basil meat sauce.
Sugar Detox Drinks
Try to avoid drinking sugary drinks. Drink more and more water and hot drinks regularly. Drinking unsweetened herbal liquids like peppermint or else green tea thrice a day would help the healthiness of your body a lot. Start to limit yourself to only one cup of black coffee per day.
Drinking infused water that is made with berries, oranges, strawberries, grapefruits and rosemary or mint is recommended. Start drinking several glasses in one day.
Source of the information: Daily Health Post.